We are proud of our status as community-builders and are driven by the belief that community and the common good are simply good business. We have always sought to meet the changing needs of Canadians, and in the midst of a period of growth and transition, we are looking for dedicated and driven team players to be part of our iconic Canadian brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals who are looking to join an established national brand with a phenomenal team-based culture. We are currently seeking a merchandising/ category manager: this position is ideal for a subject matter expert looking to grow their career. You will take on responsibility for category development and settings and delivering consumer-centric and assortment plans to drive sales and profitability for the company and will take complete accountability for planning, executing, and delivering category review processes. You will use your experience in category management and merchandising to define and execute both digital and print promotional strategies to meet financial category plans and will use your leadership experience to manage, motivate, and direct an effective team. You will also develop comprehensive competitive and market analysis, including consumer trends, and execute supplier negotiations and manage supplier agreements domestically and internationally. To take part in an important moment of renewal and expansion for a historic brand, click Apply below.
- Plan, execute, and deliver category review processes including: review and establish assortment and pricing strategies, define and execute digital and print promotional strategies, and execute supplier negotiations and manage supplier agreements.
- Attend trade shows, dealer shows, and suppliers as required domestically and internationally.
- Effectively lead and motivate your team and cross-functional team members to achieve objectives.
- College/University Diploma or Degree in Business and/or Merchandising, with previous Merchandise or Category Management experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen skills and ability to develop and executive category financial plans.
- Excellent communication, planning, and negotiating skills; excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance, prioritize, and manage several projects.