Small businesses are the cornerstone of their communities, and our stores are no exception. As an iconic Canadian brand with a more than 50 year history of helping our customers build their communities, we are committed to ensuring our stores have all the tools they need to succeed. We know that our job is to facilitate the acquisition of the best possible stock and to design the most convenient and appropriate layouts possible so that our stores can continue doing what they do best: meeting the needs of their friends and neighbours. During a time of change and growth to ensure we meet the demands of our communities and consumers, we are committed to investing in our workers and promoting from within while ensuring that we hire the best people possible to support the over 1100 franchisees we call family. That’s where you come in.
As a category and assortment planner, you would be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of planograms to our stores. By helping to develop and design store fixtures and merchandise accessories, you will bring your experience in merchandising and knowledge of merchandise in retail hardware/building centres to ensure that our stores are able to meet the needs of their customers and that their layouts are designed to increase sales by ensuring that the most popular and profitable products are given the right amount of facings and allocations. You will combine your technical know-how with your excellent communication skills and proven ability to influence, interact, and consult with category management planning while also supporting other category & assortment planners to ensure that everyone is doing the best work possible. Our franchisees depend on our expertise in these areas and expect nothing but the best from our central office. To learn more about how to be a part of a great team with a long history of supporting our employees to do the best work possible, click Apply below.
- Diploma or degree in Business, Visual Merchandising, or Space Planning. Minimum 3 years experience in merchandising or equivalent retail required.
- Knowledge of merchandise for use in retail hardware/building centres preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships, foster trust, and promote collaboration between key stakeholders. Bilingualism (French/English) is a plus.
- Create and maintain all planograms to support defined assortments and implementation; determine spatial and fixture requirements for each planogram.
- Develop and design store fixtures, merchandising accessories and POP material to implement planograms with brand deployment and a practical focus on consumer engagement.
- Maintain and deliver planogram content supporting line reviews.