What do you want out of your early career? Do you want to develop your skills, move up within the organisation, or be part of an established brand with a national profile? What is important to you and your community? As a LBM, home supply, and hardware manufacturer, we know that our neighbours come first, and as a longstanding Canadian brand, we are proud of the role we play in our communities. Together, we help Canadians across the country engage with their neighbours, build, and grow. We are equally proud of the role we play in the development of our employees: we want to be a place where you can grow and develop in your early career and beyond. You can be a part of something special, joining an iconic national company with locations throughout the country as they embark on a process of expansion and growth.
As a Junior Buyer/Associate Merchandise Manager, you will collaborate with the Merchandise Manager to establish and track performance, effectively communicate category initiatives to other team members, manage and build strong supplier relationships, and conduct market research and to ensure that we are able to meet the changing needs of Canadians. Ideal for someone developing their career, strong business acumen, analytical skills, leadership skills, and product knowledge associated with the retail industry is required, and a college or university diploma or degree in business or merchandising is preferred. To find out more and to apply, click Apply below.
- Collaborate with Merchandise Manager to establish and track performance matrix including, but not exclusive to sales, profitability, turns and forecasting ensuring objectives are achieved.
- Manage and build strong supplier relationships with existing and new strategic partners to our growing business.
- Prepare in-depth analytics to support the category strategies and promotional plans. Conduct market research and gather competitive intelligence for competitive position analysis.
- College/University Diploma or Degree in Business and/or Merchandising preferred. Previous experience with product knowledge associated with the retail industry is required.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with ability to support development and execute category financial plans.
- Excellent communication, planning and negotiating skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to balance, prioritize and manage several projects.