Our industry leading client is one of the biggest manufacturer and retailer of home improvement products, construction material and furniture with more than 1000 locations across Canada. They have asked Paul Huffman of TalentHunt to assist them in their search for a Retails Operations Insights Analyst in St. Jacobs, Ontario.
The offered salary for this role is 80k to 85k along with a bonus element, benefits and other perks
- Provide support to drive profitable growth by supporting the retail operations team and dealers in achieving strategic goals.
- Analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources and proactively deliver sales and operational insights.
- Provide the team with models to aid understanding and targeting store results.
- Identify data quality issues and work closely with the Data Governance and Enterprise Analytics teams by implementing measurable improvements.
- Deliver insights and store performance, making recommendations for implementing improvements to current sales tactics, operational best practices and market share opportunities.
- Understand business requirements and collaborate with the IT Enterprise Analytics team to provide requirements for the development of high business value reports and dashboards.
- Turn data analytics into meaningful and actionable sales and operational insights.
- Create and maintain statistically robust models and use standard analysis, reports and model deployment based on the relevant information to ensure maximum benefit.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in the retail or another relevant industry.
- Demonstrated experience using BI tools (such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Analytical problem solver with significant real-world experience in forecasting and statistical modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of syndicated third-party data.
- Effective analytic storytelling through presentation of insights in a clear, coherent and compelling format.
- Ability to manage, motivate and direct an effective team.
- Adept multi-tasker who works independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College or University in Business, IT or related fields an asset