Our client is a North American leader in the consumer goods, home improvement and supplies, personal care and pet care space. They have asked Paul Huffman of TalentHunt to assist them in their search for a well seasoned sales executive with a hunter mentality for the role of a National Account Manager for their pet care division based out of Toronto.
- Develop and grow the pet care business in the assigned base.
- Develop key action plans, selling strategies, and programs for accounts that will help their short and long term growth along with improving company numbers.
- Accountable for long term growth of accounts and build 1, 3 and 5 years plans.
- Build strong relationships with category managers and work with them to build joint growth plans.
- Complete business analysis including SKU level to inform growth plans and strategy to mitigate loss and strengthen the brands.
- Conduct quarterly and annual assessments to glean insight and create an action plan to pass on to the accounts and the company.
- Create and present monthly and inline reviews to all your accounts.
- Develop relationships with other similar team members nationally and globally to share learnings, insights and best practices.
- Collaborate with marketing and advertising as much as possible to increase account growth.
- Must Have: 5+ years of similar experience of selling into a major account with record of consistent target achievement.
- Have a hunter mentality with the drive to be out in the field everyday to develop existing accounts and create new business opportunities.
- Superb interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of understanding the organizational structure of major accounts and the role each functional area plays in achieving objectives.
- Excellent relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle negotiations.
- University degree in Business preferred but any secondary education will be considered.