Responsible to the Vice President, Store Operations to lead and direct the manufacturing, warehousing, and shipping functions at the Burford paint and home products facility.
- Ensure all staff comply with health and safety policies and procedures and give strong leadership in developing and maintaining health and safety training, ensuring the facility is kept up to date with MOE and MOL regulations.
- Provide communication, supervision & direction to staff in the performance of daily activities and recommend improvements to achieve maximum operational efficiency utilizing continuous improvement and lean operations disciplines as appropriate.
- Determine priorities and schedule production and shipping based on information received from MRP, Inventory Control and Dealer Service.
- Prepare 5 year plan for equipment and process requirements to meet volume demands including the qualification and implementation of industrial automation and manufacturing innovation to improve production efficiency.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all pertinent government regulations such as WHMIS, Fire Code, Reg 347 and TDG. Work diligently with ministry and county officials to ensure cooperative relationships.
- Collaborate with other Department Managers to ensure a flow of information to maintain the efficient operation of the plant and to accommodate product and packaging innovation, and to implement RF, LPN, and ASN processes.
- Establish and maintain professional working relations with outside vendors to ensure expertise in areas that the organization does not have dedicated staff. (ex. construction, automation & engineering)
- 8 to 10 years of management experience within a manufacturing environment including exposure to industrial automation.
- Engineering/Management degree and paint chemical manufacturing experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning ability.
- Good understanding of financial reporting production scheduling and key performance measurements Oracle experience an asset.
- Collaborative management style and a good leader of teams and people.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and react to change.