Our client is a Canadian market leader in the sporting goods space. There have been some recent exciting developments and they are looking to add more folks to their team to help them with all the added momentum. They are looking for a versatile Front End Developer to join their team based out of Vaughan, Ontario—it is temporarily remote till April and then will have 2-3 days every week in the office.
This person will report to the eCommerce Manager and will be responsible for supporting and developing the company's eCommerce platform.
- Maintain and improve website enhancements alongside eCommerce Manager
- Use markup languages (HTML, CSS/Bootstrap) to create user-friendly web pages
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers (A/B testing)
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes using Adobe XD or similar software
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and design mobile-based features
- Must Have: 2+ years of proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and knowledge of SEO principles
- Comfortable with tools like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems