Reporting to the President and COO, the AVP of Operations and Financial Services has expertise in finance as well as retail risk management. The incumbent will be responsible for several areas of the business including pricing, cost, risk management initiatives and retail financial services. This position requires a hands-on leader who can create strategy and play an active part in ensuring its execution. The individual will be responsible for a team of approximately 25people who are managed on a day-to-day basis, by the incumbent’s two direct reports; the Credit and Operations Director and the Central Processing Manager.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
Financial Services/Credit and Operations ( Accounts Receivable):
- Review financial cost /revenue analysis conducted by Financial Analyst in order to determine course of action and present findings to Presiden and COO and/or other members of the management team;
- Work closely with Credit and Operations lead to oversee credit activities, compliance with credit policy and risk culture as well as collection of delinquent accounts and effective management of the volume rebate program;
- Review and approuve credit recommendations submitted by credit team/Credit lead to ensure the organization is not exposed to undue risk;
Central Processing/Billing ( Accounts Payable)
- Work closely with Central Processing Manager to ensure central billing process is running smoothly and that any problem areas are resolved and improvements implemented;
Retail Financial Services
- Develop strategy to grow retail services offered to members and ensure it’s execution;
- Provide strategic vision and insight as an executive team member as well as plan objectives and budgets for the departments under his/her responsibility. Manage and coach 3-4 direct reports;
- Provide for a high performance team environment where operational effectiveness and efficiency are core and where business controls, including credit policies, are respected and regulatory compliance is ensured;
- Build relationships with key vendor/member partners and travel, on occasion, for meetings.
- Strategic Leadership;
- Empowering Others;
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s in finance, mathematics or related field;
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years finance experience or a combination of finance and retail experience, at least 2 of which in a leadership role;
- Strong negotiator in contract agreements;
- Proven ability to manage a team and build strategic relationship;
- Perfectly bilingual, English and French, written and spoken;
- Ability to do financial models, analyze financial statements and review and approve credit;
- Ability to forecast business trends/direction using financial statements and other sources;
- Very fast learner with ability to think outside of the box;
- Familiar with trends in the the retail credit industry;
- Advanced user of Excel (macros).