Our client is an eCommerce Canadian leader in the consumer electronics space and is looking for an Assistant Product Manager to join their team in Niagara Falls, ON. They have experienced incredible YOY growth and offer a progressive, collaborative environment, competitive compensation package (details at the end) and will also provide a relocation package if applicable.
You will report to the Head of R&D and will be assisting the product development process from conception to launch. Lots of room to progress quickly for the right individual.
- Assist with product development projects from strategic planning to implementation
- Collaborate with relevant departments to maintain scope, time, cost and quality initiatives
- Product strategy documents development - product business plans, minimum viable specifications, function maps and competitive product analysis
- Keep abreast of external conditions, including markets, competition and demographics
- Assist with negotiation of product bill of materials/pricing, payment terms and manufacturing lead times
- Assist with validation of manufacturing facilities and competencies
- Review and manage project agreements - assist with vendor onboarding and maintenance
- Assist with improvements and specifications with Head of R&D and vendors
- Review and make recommendation on 3rd party quality assurance inspection reports
- Test and validate prototypes
- 4+ years of experience in Product Development, Quality or Manufacturing Engineering in electronics
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing, R&D or Product Development role
- Demonstrated experience in conducting market research and competitor analysis
- Vendor management experience a definite asset
- Nice to have: understanding or experience with PCBA, root cause analysis and project management
- College or University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related fields
- 60-70k base + 10-15% bonus (tied to launch)
- Benefits that include family + RRSP match
- Educational fund + fitness allowance + 50% off on all products
- Relocation package if applicable
Compensation can vary depending on the individual and they are open to negotiating a better package if it makes sense for both parties.